Temple ideas

Three electrocuted in Telangana while installing a loudspeaker in a temple

The incident happened in Mahabubabad district as they were installing a loudspeaker at a local temple.

Three people died by electrocution in Mahabubabad district of Telangana on Tuesday, June 21, police said. The incident happened in Andanalapadu village of Dornakal mandal district as they were installing a loudspeaker at a local temple. The deceased have been identified as Subba Rao (67), Mastan Rao (57) and Venkaiah (55).

The trio set up a loudspeaker on a pole near a tree. Eyewitnesses said they were electrocuted after touching an iron rod that had come into contact with an electric wire.

Meanwhile, Tribal Welfare Minister Satyavati Rathod expressed shock and grief over the incident. She conveyed her sincere condolences to the families of the victims. The Minister spoke to officials for details of the incident and assured the families of those who died that the government would provide all possible assistance.

In the last week of May, three people died from electrocution while five others were injured as they pulled an iron tank, which hit a power line. The incident happened in Kethepally village in Nalgonda district.

A similar incident occurred earlier in April, when a temple tank came into contact with a high voltage wire, killing 11 people by electrocution. The temple car was negotiating a bend and encountered an obstacle before reversing when it collided with the overhead line, police and eyewitnesses said. People standing on the tank were ejected on impact. Three children were among those killed.

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin also took note of the incident and expressed his condolences, besides announcing an ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh each to the families.

Read: 11 people die of electrocution during a temple procession in Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu